KDO Connect Pocket wifi Thailand FAQ
What is a pocket wifi ?
It’s a wireless modem that connects any Wi-Fi enabled device – smartphones, laptops and tablets – to 3G /4G internet. It requires no installation, cables or software. It works like a Wi-Fi hotspot, but it’s personal and fits in your pocket. It gives you a secure, consistent and fast internet connection wherever you are, while saving a fortune on data roaming fees.
How many devices can I connect?
You can connect up to 5 devices to 1 pocket wifi. Please note that the connection speed will be shared among each device connected, so having 5 devices connected at the same time could result in noticeable speed slowdown.
How long does the battery last ?
A fully charged battery lasts around 6-8 hours. The device can be charged via the USB outlet or a wall outlet (both cables included).
What is the coverage like ?
KDO partners with the biggest network operators worldwide to ensure that you always have the best and fastest connections available to you. While there will always be great coverage in “populated” areas, (i.e. cities and towns), if you are traveling to exceptionally rural or uninhabited areas (such as the Valley), we recommend you get in touch with us in advance so we can verify the coverage.
Is there coverage on a cruise / out at sea ?
While KDO offers excellent coverage while on land, maritime coverage will depend on the distance out at sea and the cruise location – the closer to land, the more likely there will be coverage. The best course of action would be to ask the cruise operator if there is mobile data coverage on the cruise. In any case, there will surely be coverage while docked.
Delivery / Pick up
How far in advance should I book ?
To ensure availability, we recommend placing your order at least 3-5 days prior to travel departure date – however, you can still place orders closer to your departure date. For last-minute order, please contact us for more details.
What shipping options are available to me ?
You can choose to have your pocket wifi shipped directly to your accommodation in Thailand before you arrive, Alternatively, you can pick up your order at the International Airport’s Post Office (Suvarnabhumi Airport , Don Mueang Airport (DMK) ,Phuket Airport , Hat Yai Airport , Chiang Mai Airport).
Airport Post office information
How to return pocket wifi ?
Return a package back to us is easy and convenient.
- Put the pocket wifi and all accessories in the return package we provided.
- Close and seal the package tightly and go to a post office nearby you.
- Show your passport or identity card at the post office counter.
- Drop off the package with the post office agent and pay for EMS shipping fee about 42-52 THB or depends on the weight of parcel.
- Keep a receipt with a tracking number for your record .
- Please send us the copy receipt of your return package to [email protected] to prevent the loss.
Recommend Post Office Location for return pocket wifi
- Suvarnabhumi (BKK) Airport’s post office – located on the 4th Floor near the departure ticket counter W before your departure : 24 Hours
- Don Mueang (DMK) Airport’s post office – located on Terminal 2 , the 3 th floor. Open Everyday, Mon-Fri: 08:00 – 19:00, Sat-Sun 08:00 – 15:00.
- Siam Center / Paragon – located on the first floor of the Siam Center’s Parking building (the building behind the Siam Center Shopping Complex). Open Everyday, 09:00 – 18:00. (closed during Thailand holidays)
- Phayathai BTS/Airport Link Station – located just outside the Phayathai BTS/Airport Link station (street level). Open Mon-Fri 08:00 – 17:00 and Sat 09:00 – 12:00. (closed during Thailand holidays)
- Phuket Airport’s post office – located on the main terminal. Open Everyday 09:00 – 20:00.
- Hat Yai Airport’s post office – located on the main terminal. Open Everyday Mon – Fri 08:30 – 18:00. Sat – Sun 09.00 – 15.00
- Chiang Mai Airport’s post office- located on the main terminal. Open Everyday 08:00 – 20:00.
How quickly do I need to return the pocket wifi ?
The pocket wifi needs to be postmarked the day after your rental ends, and returned to us no later than 4 days after the end of your rental period. If you believe this might be an issue, contact us beforehand so we can work something out.
What if the device gets lost / damage / delayed return ?
Managing your Order
Can I amend my booking information after placing an order ?
If you want to change your rental dates, after placing your order, you can of course do so. Just contact us before the device is shipped and we’ll make the necessary arrangements.
Is it possible to extend the rental period once it’s already begun ?
Yes, you just need to get in touch with us ahead of time, so we can make the necessary arrangements.
What emails will I get from KDO ?
Once your order is confirmed, you will receive emails with important information regarding your rental. For this reason, please make sure the email you provide (in the shipping section) is one you check regularly. If necessary, you can contact us and provide an alternate email address after placing an order.
How can I cancel my booking ?
Payment & Billing
What forms of payments do you accept ?
KDO accepts card payments from Paypal / Credit card /Debit card.
I do not have PayPal account. Can I still make payment?
Yes. However, please note that PayPal has eliminated “Pay without an account” option for some countries. Therefore you might need to create an account to make payment but is simple process and easy.
Do you accept cash or any other forms of payment apart from PayPal ?
Currently we accept payment only through PayPal. But please note that, you don’t need to have a PayPal account to make the payment. You can use your credit or debit card to make the payment without making a PayPal account.
When will I be billed ?
You will be billed immediately upon placing your order. The charge will show up in your bank account from KDO Connect.
I cannot find the order charge in my bank statement ?
The charge will show up in your bank account from KDO Connect.
Do you take a deposit ?
Deposit fee is 47 USD. It will be refunded to your PayPal or credit card within 24 – 48 hours after the pocket wifi is returned.
Fair Usage Policy
What is fair usage ?
All our unlimited internet plans come with a fair usage allowance (also known as a bandwidth cap); a limitation on the transfer of a specified amount of data over a period of time. It is something network operators impose on KDO to ensure their mobile network does not get overloaded by excessive usage. KDO’s unlimited data proposition is based on the average usage of a large sample of customers, and then doubled. While fair usage policies exist with all mobile network operators.